This multiday virtual teaching event will provide physics revision tutorials aimed at supporting trainees looking to take the first FRCR part 1 examination.
As part of registering for this event you will be required to submit questions/specific topics (at least 1 question per tutorial) that you would like to be discussed. Tutors will aim to prioritise discussion to questions/topics most frequently requested.
- Friday 21 May, 1000-1200: Matter and radiation, Robert Speller, Professor of Physics Applied to Medicine, University College London
- Monday 24 May, 1400-1600: Radioisotope imaging and associated radiation protection, Richard Fernandez, Clinical Scientist, Guy’s and St Thomas’
- Tuesday 25 May, 1400-1600: Radiography, fluoroscopy and associated radiation protection, Claire Skinner, Head of Radiological Physics and Radiation Safety, Royal Free
- Wednesday 26 May, 1400-1600: Ultrasound, Emma Chung, Lecturer in Medical Physics, University Hospitals Leicester
- Thursday 27 May, 1400-1600: CT and associated radiation protection, Claire Jerrom and Ian Honey, Principal physicists, Guy’s and St Thomas’
- Friday 28 May, 1400-1600: MR, Fran Padormo, Senior MR physicist, Guy’s and St Thomas’
– Registration closes on Thursday 20 May 2021. Places are limited so we encourage registering early to avoid disappointment.
– Meeting invites will be sent to the email address entered at registration. Importantly, you will need to log into MS Teams with this same email address. The link cannot be forwarded on.
– All tutorials will be hosted on MS Teams. Please note these will all be recorded and made available to attendees after the event.
Registration fees – VAT will be added at checkout, dependent on country of residence:
BIR members: FREE
Non-members: £100 (includes a voucher for one year BIR membership)
Registration covers the full six days of sessions.